The Business Analyst works as part of a project team to deliver business change projects. They carry out requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation tasks to ensure that the project deliverable is the ideal solution for the business.
As part of the Business Solutions Team they will help to ensure ongoing continuous improvement through the identification and championing of new standards and toolsets.
* Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of behaviours as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to LSM's commitment to placing customers at the centre of our business and behaving with integrity. LSM expects you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to proactively demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviours at all times. These requirements include Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing.
* Conduct analysis work to a consistently high standard within a range of business areas, producing output to agreed timescales, formats and standards
* Contribute to projects as required to develop proposals, requirements or other project documentation.
* Elicit further requirements and test / challenge assumptions using a variety of methods including interviews, document analysis, workshops and business process descriptions
* Identify the relationships, dependencies and impacts of change on multiple systems and processes
* Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Stakeholder management - interact with all levels of management, obtain buy in and sign off and manage expectations
* Contribute to the Business Solutions Team development of standards / methodology for capturing and publishing business processes, requirements and other documentation
* Work effectively as part of a project team alongside the Project Manager.
* Accurately identify and estimate their project tasks.
Skills and Experience
* Proven business analysis experience and knowledge of business analysis methodologies
* Exposure to the London Market
* Ability to work independently as well as harmoniously in teams
* Flexible and pragmatic
* Ability to work to deadlines and to meet standards
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* BPMN or similar business process modelling skills
* ISEB qualifications
* CII qualifications
* Experience of both the Syndicate and Company insurance market