Lead Business Analyst
North West (roles can be based out of Halifax, Manchester, or Leeds)
6 months initially
Change Management, Financial Services, Banking, Business Analyst, business analysis, leadership, digital, agile, colleague journey, HR, regulatory requirements, requirements elicitation, requirements gathering, workshop facilitation, process mapping, process analysis, process improvement, data mapping, data analysis, solution assessment, solution validation, stakeholder engagement, stakeholder management, risk, MS Office
Our leading UK Banking client, are looking for highly Senior Business Analysts, to join one of their latest large change programmes, looking at the digitalisation of colleague journeys.
Applicants will have strong banking backgrounds, will be qualified to/or currently undertaking their BCS BA Diploma.
Experience of working in a SaaS / Cloud environment is highly preferred, however is not essential.
* Has a deep understanding of the role of business analysis in organisations. Drives investigative work to establish business requirements across significant areas of programme scope, analysing and balancing stakeholder inputs
* Can identify options for consideration and can apply a structured approach to evaluate solutions and is able to demonstrate that the recommended solution is fit for purpose and meets project objectives and business goals and that it is aligned with strategy and the target operating model.
* Prepares business cases for complex changes
* Is capable of reaching appropriate conclusions based on high level analysis of business needs and options.
* Has the ability to act in a consultancy role to offer an independent review of approach, requirements and proposed solutions.
* Creation and maintenance of cost centre/budgets within personal control
* Scans and assesses the external business and industry environment, scanning to benchmark and generate new ideas
* Understands the economics of our business and uses this knowledge to inform decisions
* Deals with immediate challenges without losing focus on the bigger picture
* Uses strong external networks within industry or profession to understand the external landscape
* Identifies appropriate commercial opportunities
* Identifies, escalates and manages threats and opportunities
* Considers potential threats in relation to business decisions
Compliance & Regulatory Management
* Proactive assessment and analysis of relevant risks
* Development and oversight of effective risk mitigation plans
* Identifies and anticipates future regulatory requirements and their implications
* Is recognised as a risk, compliance & regulatory expert by their peers
* Promotes embedding of good practice and debate across the Bank in a way that is compelling to business partners
* Uses a collaborative approach and builds innovative alliances throughout the Bank
* Anticipates reactions and concerns of stakeholders and works with them to overcome these
* Uses a variety of influencing styles to positively influence people to overcome obstacles
* Understands the needs of a diverse stakeholder base, including shareholders, colleagues, customers and the role of professional and regulatory bodies
* Champions a "One Bank" culture balancing individual and team goals across functions and divisions
* Demonstrates the ability to turn a working group into a team
* Recognises the skills and experiences of others, valuing diversity and differences
* Adapts own preference and style to maximise value from others in the team
* Establishes appropriate governance across organisational boundaries
* Creates strong followership from their team through ethical behaviour, enthusiasm and perseverance
* Demonstrates personal resilience and tenacity ensuring that high results are consistently achieved
* Results focused and aims to meet or exceed standards both personally and when delivering through others
* Uses relevant technology to obtain, create and manipulate data, and deliver results in an ethical & professional manner
* Has confidence to make tough decisions, do the right thing and take a stand when appropriate
* Engages colleagues to drive forward results
Communication & Impact
* Deals with conflict in an assertive manner, treating others with dignity and respect
* Engages others and is viewed as being authentic
* Communicates complex or difficult messages effectively to different audiences, tailoring the approach
* Has a clear collective vision for the future and communicates it effectively
* Adopts an engaging and inspiring style when communicating with others, varying style to have a positive impact on others
* Demonstrates a high level of integrity and fairness