Our leading UK banking client are looking for a strong Lead Business Analyst to work within their Insurance Data Programme, with particular focus on leading on their Data Ingestion work stream.
The business needs an individual who can understand and prioritise the ingestion of Insurance data, and can support the work to define the Use Cases for the Analytical and Operational Data stores.
The successful candidate must have experience in leading a team and be comfortable in overseeing the successful roll out of a project.
We are looking for those who have worked across Data Ingestion Scaling and Data Prioritisation projects previously, who have sound knowledge of Insurance platforms.
Large data project experience, where terabytes of data have been moved across multiple systems will definitely be of interest. Specific knowledge of Hadoop software, and other 'Big Data' / Data Lake solutions, will also be highly desirable.
* Investigates, elicits, analyses and clearly documents the scope of the project and how it touches other Insurance deliveries
* Investigates, elicits, analyses, prioritises and documents quality requirements that align to agreed objectives, are complete and clearly communicated
* Obtains formal approval of scope and requirements by business and IT stakeholders and maintains baselines on which delivery of a solution can be based
* Take ownership of a workstream and own the delivery of BA artefacts for that workstream.
* Lead workshops and any other requirements elicitation activities needed during the analysis and design stage of the project.
* Validates design, build and test traceability evidence provided by relevant roles to confirm requirements coverage
* Ensures business and IT stakeholders fully understand the end-to-end solution (business and IT) that the project will deliver
* As part of an impact assessment team, manages changes to baselined requirements
* Supports Business Analyst Lead with the selection of the most appropriate business analysis approach (incl. Artefacts to be produced) in the specific context of the project
* Supports Project Manager, Architect, Application Designer, Infrastructure Solution Manager and QA Analyst with their relevant activities
Key Attributes Required
* Excellent BA skill set
* Confidence to lead workshops for work streams, challenge peers and senior managers constructively.
* Proactive in managing a team
Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, customer, data, data management, data ingestion, data ingestion, data prioritisation, terabyte, big data, data lake, insurance platform, insurance system, Hadoop software, requirements gathering, workshop facilitation, impact assessment, documentation, stakeholder management