The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of major or multiple change projects to deliver the capabilities or solutions required to meet the company's strategic objectives. The focus will mainly be on Actuarial projects so prior experience of this is essential.
The principal responsibilities of the role are to:
* Shape, plan and deliver (major) projects which enable the benefits identified within the project's business cases to be realised.
* Manage major projects within change governance whilst ensuring that the final deliverable meet the customer's objectives and acceptance criteria.
* Establish an effective and efficient project delivery structure for each project to engage and manage project stakeholders.
* Create robust and believable project plans including deliverable breakdown structures, estimates and a clear view on dependencies and resourcing.
* Lead project teams to deliver solutions which fit with the company's strategic goals.
* Managing stakeholder relationships - Engages and manages stakeholders effectively, resolving issues and understanding drivers/needs.
* Extensive experience of project/ programme management in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment, in roles across Business and IT.
* Strong stakeholder, negotiation and conflict management skills.
* Broad experience in the Financial Services sector and ability to apply this experience to the needs of the business.
* Strong relationship management skills (to Director level).
* Strong delivery management experience in multi-functional projects.
* Good awareness of the control environment within a financial services organisation.
* Strong experience of managing external suppliers.
* Knowledge of different delivery methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum