The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of major or multiple change projects to deliver the capabilities or solutions required to meet the company's strategic objectives. You must have worked within a Financial Services company MUST have strong agile experience.
* Manage major projects within change governance whilst ensuring that the final deliverables meet the customer's objectives and acceptance criteria.
* Establish an effective and efficient project delivery structure for each project to engage and manage project stakeholders.
* Create robust and believable project plans including deliverable breakdown structures, estimates and a clear view on dependencies and resourcing.
* Consider business engagement and customer impacts early enough in the change lifecycle in order to drive the design and delivery.
* Control the project's cost and ensure material deviations are escalated in a timely manner.
* Lead project teams to deliver solutions which fit with the company's strategic goals.
* Identify and proactively manage key risks and issues and escalate where appropriate in a timely manner.
* Must have degree or professional equivalent.
* Must have relevant Project Management qualification such as Prince 2, MSP, APMP or PMI.
* Extensive experience of project/ programme management in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment, in roles across Business and IT.
* Knowledge of risk trade-off options and their impact on project success.
* Strong stakeholder, negotiation and conflict management skills.
* Broad experience in the Financial Services sector and ability to apply this experience to the needs of the business.
* Strong relationship management skills (to Director level).
* Strong delivery management experience in multi-functional projects.
* Good awareness of the control environment within a financial services organisation.
* An in-depth understanding of programme management, IT and change.
* Strong experience of managing external suppliers.
* Knowledge of different delivery methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum