My client is a leading specialist health communications and medical education agency. They combine deep knowledge and experience in high science, clinical practice, and public health with the best in creative consumer marketing and branding - progressive, innovative, and bold. Beyond the regulation and complexity healthcare is an industry with people at its heart. It means understanding their clients and audiences as individuals to build powerful campaigns that earn attention in authentic, personalized, and creative ways. Creativity runs through all their communications programs, their services include corporate reputation, consumer health, issues management, employee engagement, creative medical learning, meeting facilitation, publication planning, social media, content creation, creative services and media and influencer relations.
The team is excited to announce a new Account Director position within the Medical Communications department!
What will you be doing?
- Lead development of strategic programs, agreeing program activity and financial arrangements with the client
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key clients and external stakeholders and identify opportunities to work in partnerships
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the social media landscape and how to integrate it into traditional communications programs
- Oversee the financial status of accounts ensuring efficient and effective budget control
- Give shape, coherence and direction to written materials and oversee quality control
- Provide strategic and tactical input into client proposals and present confidently at pitches and meetings
- Direct the team appropriately to address outside issues that may impact upon program and client objectives
- Set expectations, standards and manage team members, coaching and developing them to achieve their potential
- Proactively identify new business opportunities whilst also seeking out opportunities for organic growth
- Familiar with working across pharmaceutical PR including data and regulatory communications
- Medical Communications experience (roughly 8-10 years) working in an agency with experience of working on global accounts
- Understanding of healthcare media and social media platforms and ability to identify and develop the right campaigns and storylines to get messages across
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to gain client trust and confidence to lead client management
- Good financial oversight to build and manage client budgets
- Good knowledge of pharma industry and its regulations
- Assist in development of high performing teams to deliver excellence
- Member of Management team helping build and grow business
- Experience of delivering new business pitches