Purpose of the role/Job summary
I am currently partnering with a growing and exciting business in Beaconsfield to recruit an accounts payable clerk, initially on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract. The role will mainly include logging, processing and managing invoices and purchase orders, resolving exceptions in a timely manner, ensuring that suppliers are paid within agreed payment terms and to ensure the timely and accurate processing of costs and overheads. Also, to perform supplier statement reconciliations on a monthly basis and to support the Accounts Payable manager with any process changes that may be required, including training site administrative teams.
- Work within the Accounts Payables function and ensure compliance with Group policy.
- Liaise and build relationships with teams, supporting their information needs and helping to drive commercial accountability
- Act as a contact for vendors, managing all queries and escalating them where required
- Ensure all Purchase Orders are raised in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ensure all invoices are matched to an appropriate and supporting Purchase Order
- Ensure all invoice exceptions are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure all suppliers are paid within an appropriate timeframe
- To perform supplier statement reconciliations on a regular basis
- Help to identify efficiency savings within the Accounts Payable process
- Support the Accounts Payable team as and when required i.e. sickness or holiday cover
- Support the Accounts Payable Manager with ad-hoc tasks