Client-side, Head of Capital Projects & Programme Management
A globally recognised travel operator is looking to transform its estate as part of a new engagement strategy. As a result, they need an expert in Project & Programme Management to outline and deliver a strategy for the total transformation and construction of their corporate real estate.
As the Head of Programme, you will be accountable for the successful delivery to time, scope and budget of the project pathway. This programme will encompass an overview of the wider business proposition and direction of the business as you take end to end responsibility the programmes aimed at transforming the organisations working environment.
Managing a team of project and programme managers both internally and externally, you'll develop the team to enable consistent delivery quality and build confidence across the business. You'll need to build strong relationships across internally and externally to ensure cross functional delivery teams work well together and to remove blockers and issues.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the construction stream of a workplace transformation that pulls together Property & Facilities, IT and HR. This role will also work closely with the Programme Director and external professional teams to provide regular progress updates to the board and follow the project management framework.
The goal is to build a new age office environment that will transform the ways of working that will suit the current and future requirements of our employees, make working easy and enjoyable and supporting the business to continue to recruit and retain the highest calibre talent.
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the range of business stakeholders and third parties.
- Promote a unified culture and model the leadership behaviours.
- Contribute to the formation and development of a Programme and Project management "centre of excellence".
- Business Performance. Understands business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer term perspective and implications of decisions.
- Innovation and Change. Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity and is comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Inspirational leadership. Has the ability to influence, inspire, lead and direct others, can work autonomously as well as in a team.
Key Skills Required
- A strong background in Construction programme management with experience leading a refit programme in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Overseeing the contractors / suppliers working on the programme.
- Experience and credibility of communicating up to and including board level.
- Has successfully delivered projects to cost, time and quality ensuring full benefit realisation.
- Strong communication skills to ensure suitable and regular communication with key stakeholders, including the ability to lead and successfully engage up to and including board level and the ability to build close working relationships across the business and with suppliers.
- Methodical, logical and flexible approach. Resilient and able to work under pressure and Is not fazed by complex problems or conflicting priorities.