CONTRACT JAVA DEVELOPER
We require a Senior Contract Java Developer to help build a best-in-class system for a major investment bank. The system is aiming to eliminate reconciliation and minimise disputes via a new cutting edge processing infrastructure based on distributed ledger technologies. The team will leverage the capabilities of multiple technologies including Java, Oracle, Coherence, Restful API's and Kafka to build a platform that can meet all the business requirements.
This is a brand-new system, and we are looking for the most talented, like-minded and creative individuals who can help in building it from the ground up, solving complex business problems whilst leveraging the best of technologies.
Overall purpose of role
We are looking for a senior developer with strong core Java skills who is ready to accept the challenge of designing and building a completely new system with FinTech aspects from the ground up.
- Relevant experience in Java software development - previous experience as an architect might also help you
- Strong core Java skills including but not limited to Generics, Collections, Multithreading, I/O, Streams and JDBC
- Proficient in reading, writing and debugging multithreaded Java code
- Familiarity with messaging platforms - especially Kafka and MQ
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases (ideally Oracle DB)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to understand complex problems and translate them into solution respecting OOP fundamentals
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns
- Experience with technologies supporting development, continuous integration, automated testing and deployment
- Team player familiar with Agile development concepts
- Knowledge of the Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of Oracle Coherence and related relevant experience
- Knowledge of web front-end development using HTML5 and Angular 6+ or similar
- Experience with Python development