Are you a recently qualified Accountant looking for your step into a non reporting role with great progression? Are you looking to join a business committed to offering strong work/life balance and the opportunity to gain fantastic breadth and dept within this particular role. If so, this role will certainly be of interest.
This established financial services brand with offerings across investment management and advisory is currently recruiting for a new head to join it's forward looking finance team as a result of an internal promotion and company growth.
- Utilise platforms/systems to reconcile and prepare month-end journals
- Develop a consolidated revenue reconciliation for sign-off at month-end and to be confident to present and explain the numbers to senior members of the finance team
- Assist the Finance Business Partners of the respective divisions by helping them understand the performance for their areas and proactively informing them of key drivers behind variances
- Fundamental understanding of the revenue streams within the group, liaising with the Operations teams and colleagues across Finance to communicate financial data
- Present the month-end results/variance analysis with full explanations/workings to the Head of Accounting before wider distribution to the team
- Support forecasting and budgeting exercises.
- Assist with building and maintaining financial models to aid analysis and reporting, allowing greater flexibility to cut and dice the data as requested in as efficient a manner as possible
- Challenge outdated and convoluted revenue processes and recommend and implement process improvements. An environment of continual improvement is vital
- Provide financial information when required to the tax team for tax computations and understand the tax implications of what is being booked
- Assist with any projects which will affect revenue processes
Experience and Skills:
- Recently qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- NetSuite/TM1 experience desirable
- Flexible approach to work and colleagues - strong team player with the ability to adapt to changing working situations
- Able to build relationships with financial and non-financial internal teams
- Ambitious individual - this team are ambitious and the head of department is looking for somebody to step up into a "number 2" position
For more information, please contact Cheryl Aust at Investigo London