Leading multi-site business with a UK and European presence is seeking a Finance Business Partner to provide a service to the central functions.
As Finance Business Partner you will support a number of Central Functions Heads with first class Finance Support around budget, overheads and general expenditure.
Whilst reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance you will form close relationships with the various budget holders to ensure they are conscious of over all costs to ensure investment and spend are within financial plan and to ensure sensible return on investment.
Duties and accountabilities include:
- Monthly meetings with budget holders
- Provide support to Department Heads to give clear focus/proactive view on financial priorities
- Early communication of any surprises - where possible
- Provide draft P&Ls prior to month end where appropriate in order to have accurate accounts
- Work closely with Management Accounts to produce the month-end P&L's for Club Support
- Understand all variances to budget and contingencies
- Maintain risk & opportunities schedule - work closely with budget holder to identify risks as early as possible
- Ensure smooth and timely forecasting process (and budget if applicable)
Other key objectives of the role include:
- Working closely with regional FBP's - ensuring they are aware of the initiatives.
- Partnering with HR for pay reviews and bonus plans ensuring project plans are in track, regular updates with HR to maintain focus and ensuring accuracy by checking and reviewing.
- Working with other teams in Finance (e.g. Group Reporting and Management Accounts) to ensure Support accounts are produced in line with Group rules.
- Assist in the production of the monthly Operational Review Pack
- Take on ad hoc project work as directed by Head of Reporting and Director of Operational Finance
This is not a technical accounting role and requires an excellent relationship builder (qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with an interest in the cost drivers and operations of the business.
On offer is a competitive salary and solid benefits package.