Investigo are delighted to be supporting a fast growth organisation with their recruitment of a Finance Business Partner to be based in their Milton Keynes HQ.
Through confident business partnering, this individual will build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the business to enable close understanding of business performance and to drive improvement.
The overall purpose of this role is to:
- Manage the relationships and information requirements with key stakeholders within a specific business unit.
- Support the Finance / Performance and Planning Manager to consolidate planning and forecasts, as well as providing variance analysis of performance.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will be expected to be the go-to person for understanding the financials of the revenue / cost stream(s) for which you are responsible. This role is primarily a planning and performance role, together with some core accounting responsibilities to ensure consistency in our reporting and financial view.
- Taking responsibility for the reporting and analysis of specific P&L / revenue stream
- Ensuring that all revenue and costs in relation the revenue stream are adequately reflected
- Understand the vulnerabilities and opportunities in the revenue stream
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts to meet parent company reporting timetable of 6 days
- Analysing variances from budget and forecast
- Supporting the Finance Manager with preparation of budgets and rolling forecasts
- Working with operational managers to ensure:
- They understand the revenue stream financial performance
- Finance are aware of matters which may affect financial performance and need reflecting in forecasts
- Production and analysis of operational & financial KPIs
- Support in financial investment evaluation
You will be:
- A commercially minded financial analyst with experience of leading business level P&L planning activity. Experience of working at both detailed and higher level simultaneously, financially astute, and able to quickly recognise opportunities and vulnerabilities in financial model.
- Can demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to create insights from data and challenge the status quo.
- Comfortable with the mechanics of accounting and managing the transactional processes. Extremely competent in using Excel to produce financial models, forecasts and budgets, Experience in SAP an advantage. Experience in BI an advantage.
- Financially astute, able to quickly recognise opportunities and vulnerabilities in financial model.
- Confident in discussing matters with colleagues at all levels.
Desirable criteria and qualifications:
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Preferably degree educated.
Our Client is offering a salary of £60,000 + Benefits