Our client, a leader in the FMCG sector are currently recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to support a rapidly developing business division. This role is accountable for the accuracy and analysis of the OPEX and CAPEX spend within the division and influencing the senior stakeholders to ensure the financials drive the business decisions.
The role will be responsible for:
- Leading the annual and quarterly forecast process for BU cost lines (OPEX and CAPEX), challenging submissions and identifying and analysing key issues.
- Drives cost control, bringing deep understanding of cost drivers to monitor and optimise supply spend effectiveness
- Extracts and develops key trends and observations from supply chain performance, including variance against agreed plans, commercial performance and spend effectiveness
- Continually striving to improve systems and processes, to ensure efficiency in the role and drive a deeper understanding of business performance
- Work closely with the Sales Finance Business Partners to support all commercial deals where specific BU costs are required
- Responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, and monthly depreciation reporting on assets
- Ensuring the accuracy of the month end reporting working closely with the Financial Shared Service Centre and the Supply Chain team
- Accountable for accurate CAPEX reporting and tracking for assets
- Responsible for assessing the cost lines down to customer / product level
- Accountable for understanding the variances per cost line, and being able to provide a detailed mix variance analysis vs budget vs previous year
The successful candidate will be a qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with strong analytical and business partnering skills. The role will support the division through rapid change and therefore the ability to adapt processes and analysis to meet the changing needs will be essential.