Commercial Finance Manager required for leading consumer business offering a quality product along with a great industry history and reputation.
Whilst reporting into Financial controller of this mid-sized business you will take ownership for leading the "contract validation" function to ensure all contracts sold are financially viable by providing analysis and meaningful data to promote change and support business decisions.
Essentially own the 'top half' of the Profit and Loss account with regards to 'prime' margin (revenue less direct costs).
- Lead and manage current team of 1 direct report who is currently responsible for an element of support for sales but mainly responsible for overseeing order value amendments to contracts, commission queries, staff contracts registration and amendments to sales consultant related payments.
- Own and understand 'prime margin' for all product lines, having a firm grasp of key drivers and root causes for low margin contracts. Lead corrective measures/ processes to resolve findings.
- Lead and direct the process for modelling new pricing options and making value added recommendations to Senior Management and the Board.
- Implement, lead and drive continuous improvement projects based on root cause analysis results working cross functionally as appropriate.
- Be the 'gatekeeper' for requests to deviate from pre-determined rules and guidelines, having the confidence to make unpopular decisions and enforce processes and controls to safeguard the company's margin but balancing that with customer experience.
- Responsible for providing variance analysis and commentary to include in the Board Pack for margin against comparatives (budget, prior year).
- Support other departments with ad hoc requests and supplying relevant data to make business decisions (e.g. pricing changes; discount structure)
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process taking ownership of the prime margin element of the P & L.
- Carry out appropriate checks to ensure customers are authorised to purchase products for contracted properties, and that they have the means to do so taking appropriate action where there are any highlighted issues.
- Manage appropriately contracts which fall below pre-set thresholds for Prime Margin following point of sale and point of survey.
- Manage contract undercharges appropriately both at registration and post-survey, taking a preventative approach to problem solving and feeding back to appropriate parties recurring issues.
- Communicate effectively with all relevant stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for the customer and the business.
- Be a point of contact for discounts and commission queries if escalated through the Sales Management team.
Exceptional opportunity to join a business who have undergone transformation and positive change and more so a chance to work along-side a great leadership team.
The ideal candidate doesn't need to be a qualified accountant, this is more about good analytical skills combined with a commercial mindset and the ability engage with people across a customer service related business.
Hybrid working and Benefits pacake on offer.