A unique opportunity to work for a SME business with £40 Million turnover which is part of a large PLC Group. This is a Number 1 role reporting into the MD leading a team of finance professionals and IT through an exciting growth period and ERP implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Company's books and records are properly maintained according to IFRS and local accounting standards, and deliver appropriate statutory, financial and management reports and returns to meet required timeframes and formats.
- Perform financial planning & analysis functions including strategic planning, competitive analysis, budgeting, forecasting and operational analyses to inform strategic and tactical decisions made by the Group.
- Maintain internal control systems and risk assessments for the Company and ensure their adequacy at all times, communicating pro-actively and immediately when an issue or potential issue arises.
- Provide strategic financial leadership and serve as a hands-on financial leader with responsibility of oversight and protection of the assets and financial integrity of the Group.
- Reinforce a metrics-driven culture using objective goals and benchmarks, transparent and clear communication, and alignment across all functions of the Company.
- Provide proactive support to the MD and leadership team in relation to all financial, administrative, and legal matters.
- Serve as an advisor to the leadership team in evaluating the financial condition of the organization and developing proactive recommendations for growth and solutions to business issues.
- Train and develop employees across the Company, particularly within the finance and IT function.
- Maintain good working relationships with the Company's bankers, auditors, lawyers and other professional advisers.
- Lead the IT & Digital teams in upgrading ERP and other business process tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- A qualified accountant with a number of years post qualified experience within an international business (ideally SMEs with c£25m to £100m Turnover)
- Prior experience of working in a business that reports to a global PLC Group
- Good technical accounting skills and strong knowledge of IFRS
- Prior experience of leading IT teams
- Able and willing to travel worldwide (at least 25% travel)