Up to £46k depending on experience
Hybrid Working / West End
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a FTSE 100 Retail firm in London. This is a fantastic role for someone looking for the next step in their career and to work for an employee centric organisation. The purpose of this role is to produce management account/reporting outputs to support decision making used to drive business performance.
Responsibilities will include:
Responsible for accurate reporting and balance sheet reconciliations of the business.
Identify and implement opportunities to improve accounting, reporting and planning processes and outputs
Lead and motivate a team of 2 direct reports to manage the accounting process for both OPEX and CAPEX, ensuring processing of journals each period is timely and in accordance with Group Policy for both entities.
Execute accounting processes in the core finance systems and validate outputs to drive completion of accurate and representative financial statements in line with the agreed deadlines and quality standards.
Support the Half Year (HY) and Full Year (FY) deliverables for the group
Ownership and completion of periodic Balance Sheet account reconciliations and timely reporting of risks/opportunities
Work closely with the Business Partnering team, building strong working relationships
Review processes within the Team with a view to improving efficiency and accuracy of data, approaching with a continuous improvement ethos.
Recruit and develop a strong team with ability for moving into other finance roles as opportunities
* Experience of maintaining strong financial controls
* Ideally experience of the Oracle/Blackline systems
* Strong organisational and analytical skills
* Strong team supervisory skills
* High level of energy and drive
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
* Attention to detail
* Identify and apply correct accounting treatment for your functional areas and entities
* Apply appropriate judgement in areas of complexity or ambiguity
Directly or indirectly manages
* Team of 2
Support will include:
* Working as part of the wider Group Finance team with significant collective experience and expertise
* Access to technical guidance from Big4 consulting and audit teams where necessary
* Access to L&D offers, including regular bitesize sessions, lunch & learns and accounting technical update sessions