This job opportunity presents clear exposure to the business and route for progression. Our client are in the retail sector looking for an Accountant to join the organisation.
You will be an active studier, looking to become qualified in 2020 or ideally ACCA Qualified.
- Responsible for general ledger transactions.
- Statutory accounts and submissions, VAT, tax packs and reporting.
- General ledger journals, accruals, fixed asset register and other adjustments
- This role will initially include assisting the line manager in consolidating and eliminating reporting entities where possible, in conjunction with Tax and Legal matters.
- In this role you will be competent in ensuring compliance with the Company accounting policies.
- Assist with internal and external audits including the preparation of audit schedules and auditor requests,
- Preparing the company balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
Ideally you will be a competent system user and have US/UK GAAP experience. You should also have demonstrable experience of working on multiple accounts.