FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - LEICESTER BASED
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Financial Controller will own all financial aspects relating to the business activities.
This role will be a business partner to different functions providing business support as well as financial control of the areas. This includes the ownership and production of timely and accurate financial information, supported with analysis that allows the business to make better investment decisions. This is a broad role that covers both business partnering and strong financial control.
- Full ownership of the P&L, costs , balance sheet, cash flow and all other aspects of financial management.
- Support and challenge these areas regarding investment and spend decisions both in the short term and longer-term planning.
- Manage any risks and opportunities and budgetary issues to ensure we manage the monies within the fund incomes, ensuring investment spend is effective and efficient.
- Manage the annual budget & five-year plan process.
- Delivery of insightful monthly management reports for all business levels ensuring accurate and timely periodic reporting to budget, forecast etc. along with a full understanding of the performance. Full assessment of all risks and opportunities to be undertaken with the relevant budget holders each period.
- Manage and review all aspects of the management accounts processes for the business and ensure a robust and clean close each month in line with the reporting timetable.
- Ensure the controls and processes are appropriate and in line with the ERP / systems workflows and balance sheet reconciliations are completed each period
What we are looking for..
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with 3-5 years PQE
- Manufacturing experience
- Proven track record with dealing and presenting to senior stakeholders within the business
- The desire to challenge existing processes and implement positive change with a hands-on style
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet and analytical skills
- Ability to operate operational processes relating to development accounting
- Experience of producing and presenting financial information to finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Understanding of investment appraisal techniques
- Excellent attention to detail