Exciting new opportunity as Assistant Financial Controller for an ambitious Accountant within a market leading high growth multi-site retail business.
The Assistant Financial Controller will support the Financial Controller in the coordination and management of the finance team and will assist with the development of Financial Controls to ensure future growth can be accommodated.
Whilst reporting to the Financial Controller you will be have oversight of the balance sheet accounts and P&L and will gain exposure to the senior management across the business.
Key duties and accountabilities include:
- Balance Sheet management
- P&L review and adjustments along with commentary on Actuals versus financial plan
- Assisting with annual budgeting
- Supporting Month end and year end reporting and close
- Acting as one of the key contacts to the Auditors
- Providing ongoing development of financial controls
- Creating "Best practice" for process improvements
- Assisting with the consolidation of accounts for Group level reporting
This is a superb opportunity to join a forward thinking and investing retail group in a role that gives insight to the business and exposure to the senior stake holders.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA with circa 1 to 5 years post qualified experience looking develop a career in a business offering genuine long-term progression
On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and other benefits.