The Financial Reporting Manager is a key role reporting into the Head of Finance and taking the lead on ensuring the appropriate application of IFRS and other technical accounting requirements
- Form a close working relationship with the individual business and group finance and commercial teams, enabling them to achieve a high quality of financial management and control through the provision of audit, controls, risk management and financial standards expertise.
- Manage the audit process for both internal and external audit, ensuring the quality of audit information is sufficient to enable a smooth-running process across the UK group
- Provide assurance over the overall quality to ensure that all Statutory, Group, and local management reporting is accurate and timely and quality analysis and reporting is provided to enable decision making.
- Preparation of the annual report and financial statements.
- Support in acquisitions and reviews of JVs, in particular managing due diligence for relevant business units where applicable
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including business unit Leadership teams, Functional Leads, Auditors and Advisors
- Lead the annual group budget and business planning consolidation process
- Manage ad-hoc strategic projects
The ideal candidate:
- ACA or ACCA qualified, technically strong with excellent knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently or as part of the team, taking full ownership of assigned projects.