Our client have an exciting opportunity to join their Finance team as a FP&A lead for a Top 100 charity who are undertaking major change. Initially a 6 month contract on a day rate or FTC as inside ir35, there is the chance to go temp to perm if desired. You can work 100% at home, but at least 1 day a week in the office is ideal.
About the role
This is a new role which requires a combination of compassion and understanding of their cause together with a flair for developing innovative and meaningful analysis and reporting across the business to finance and non-finance personnel.
They have recently selected Vena as their new finance, planning and analysis system and you will be pivotal in its implementation and rollout to ensure that the system is implemented to maximise efficiencies in our forecasting, budgeting and reporting processes. Longer term, there is the potential to drive the future success of the FP&A function.
· Drive the commissioning and successful implementation of the Vena FP&A system
· Leading on the delivery of the budgeting and forecasting process in Vena.
· Using BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance.
· Training users of the new system to ensure they use it correctly and efficiently
· Managing the cleansing of data in our existing Finance systems to ensure it is accurate and in the correct format to import into Vena
· Working with the business to build their annual budgets and forecasts
· Analysing financial and operational results to better understand business performance
· Provide detailed analysis and commentary on cost centre results
· Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvements
· Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
· Communication results and recommendations to management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining processes.
· Working closely with the leadership team to develop the business's medium to long term financial plan.
· Providing insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts and profitability.
· Producing models to project long term growth and impact of new initiatives.
· Delivery of industry analysis, market trends and associated commentary to Leadership Team.
What You Need To Have:
· Significant experience of working with FP&A systems (Vena, Adaptive Insights, IBM Planning Analytics, Anaplan etc.)
· Significant analytical skillset including the utilisation of BI and reporting tools
· Excellent Excel proficiency / Advanced MS Excel skills
· Experience of migrating and cleansing data from ERP systems
· Strong quantitative abilities
· Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
· Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
· High level of commercial acumen
· Sound working knowledge of accounting processes and principles
· Knowledge and experience of financial processes
· Self-motivated and focused on deliverables with strong sense of responsibility
· Exceptional attention to detail and well organised
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
What Makes You Stand Out:
· Knowledge and experience of Power BI
· Knowledge and experience of managing large amounts of data
· Knowledge and experience of relational database design and ability to understand and write basic SQL
· Ability to be innovative and creative with presenting financial information.