Investigo are recruiting a German Speaking Accountant (Part time) for a client based in Milton Keynes.
In the position of German Speaking Accountant Milton Keynes you will manage the German Entity of the business to ensure all nominal ledger invoicing and accounts are completed in line with company standards reporting to the Group Financial Controller. Other key duties to include:
- Recording of supplier invoices (both stock and non-stock), and ensuring their approval in a timely manner.
- Processing expenses - both cash and corporate card.
- Preparing supplier payments - on a weekly basis.
- Continuous review of the aged creditors to ensure all costs are captured in the accounts.
- Full ownership of AP/AR and nominal ledger to include bank/ intercompany reconciliations
- Preparation of the VAT return for submission to parent company - due monthly.
- Submission of the Intracommunity sales list - due monthly.
- Payroll - advise payroll provider of any amendments to monthly payroll; review payroll and create and post journal.
- Preparation of cashflow
- Preparation and posting of all month-end journals, inc. depreciation, prepayments, accruals etc.
- Production of the monthly management accounts within 3 working days following month-end; ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are complete and any anomalies are investigated and corrected; profit and loss accounts are reviewed, and variances investigated and reported.
The successful candidate will need to be bilingual in English and German
Previous accounting experience of nominal ledgers and supporting month end close to include basic management accounts preparation
Ability to work on own initiative and collectively as part of close knit team
Strong communication skills as you will liaise with both internal/ external stake holders
£32,000 to £36,000 (pro rata over 30 hours) plus full benefits package