Investigo is working with a large logistics and brokerage organisation based in London to recruit a Graduate Accountant to join their growing team. As a Graduate Accountant, you will work in the Finance function and contribute as part of a crucial team to the core accounting and financial operations for a key portion of the business.
Full study support towards ACCA or CIMA will also be provided.
- Assist in the preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts for a number of businesses.
- Prepare, understand, and post journals (i.e. prepayments, accruals, intercompany recharges, and month end journal).
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns, National Statistics Surveys, and the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Investigate and analyse material revenue and cost variances.
- Perform various Intercompany Reconciliations, resolving any differences.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end financial statements.
- Assist the preparation and submission of regulatory reports.
- Monitor and develop internal controls and systems.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting to support Group and Divisional finance teams.
- Liaise with external auditors and assist with the preparation of schedules as required.
- Identify and support continuous changes and improvements within the business.
- Contribute to key projects and new initiatives.
- Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting principles (i.e. double entry book-keeping/ prepayments/ accruals would be an advantage but not essential).
- Knowledge of SUN Systems, Workday Financials or equivalent financial reporting software would be an advantage.
- A high degree of numeracy is essential.
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-confident with good communication skills (both written and verbal) and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation.
- Commercially aware with interest in the wider economy and world affairs.
- Desire to learn, develop and contribute to the wider team goals.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
If you are interested in this position please apply with a copy of your latest CV and we will be in touch.