A well known multi-billion T/O business with a global presence is looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller to lead a team across its UK operations.
Based in Hertfordshire, the role will work closely with the Director of Financial Control and work with the wider Senior Leadership team. With direct management of a team of 20+ across areas such as Financial Control, Financial Reporting, Tax, Working Capital and Specialist Projects this hire is integral to the wider growth of the business and development of the finance team.
With a proven background in maintaining strong financial processes, risk and governance, the Group Financial Control will be in charge of creating a strong control environment.
Other key areas of the role include:
- Taking overall ownership of financial control environment including both system and role-based controls. Ensuring constant evolution of the control processes in place to deliver best practice / risk mitigation across all areas
- Management of the monthly balance sheet review processes
- Management and control of banking, FX and financing facilities
- Overall ownership of monthly/weekly working capital forecasting
- Effective utilisation of financing facilities, mid term planning of facility requirements and identification of opportunities to extend facilities
- Manage the overall integrity of the UK balance sheet position
- Responsible for group and subsidiary statutory accounting
- Compliance with all external audit, internal audit, HMRC and corporate governance requirements
Skills Required -
Working in a PLC Listed Organisation
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record within a Group Financial Controller or Head of Finance role - ideally within a complex environment which covers both UK and overseas entities.