The role of the Accounts Payable Manager is to develop a best in class Accounts Payable function via effective team management, significant process improvement and the use of technology. The Accounts Payable Manager will lead a team of 8 to deliver accurate, timely payments to suppliers. The role is based in a dynamic and fast paced environment and will require liaising with all levels of management. The Accounts Payable manager will need to be a dedicated Accounts Payable professional who is a self-starter that can contribute to a highly professional finance team. The person joining the team must thrive in an evolving environment and demonstrate a desire to drive change.
Full ownership of the Accounts Payable function
- Manage the team to ensure accurate and timely payment of all invoices across the various companies within the Group.
- Managing the quality of service provided to the wider business including but not limited to ensuring the accuracy and completeness of relevant reported financial data
- Managing the team to ensure that open items on the AP sub-ledger are allocated on a timely basis, and monthly supplier statement reconciliations are completed
- Managing the team to ensure that communication with suppliers and other departments is responsive and timely
- Assisting the financial accounting team in monthly accruals and prepayments and working with them to analyse monthly spend
- Work closely with Procurement to optimise both operational efficiency and process compliance
Transformation of the function
- Review current purchase to pay process for efficiency's and transformation opportunities to keep up with rapid growth and to develop a best in class function
- Implement impactful and insightful reporting to assist the senior leadership team
- Produce policies and procedure manuals
- Upskilling the wider business to ensure processes and procedures are being followed
- Manage a team of 8 consisting of Accounts Payable Supervisors and Accounts Payable Assistants
- Plan time and resources of the team to ensure demand is met and exceptional customer services is provided to both internal and external stakeholders
- Supports, develops and maintains SLA's and KPI's to track, control and correct performance.
- Provide training, develop team, manage objective-setting, and carry out annual appraisals in line with HR process
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong track record in a similar managerial role
- Proven experience of transforming an accounts payable function
- Proven experience of leading a team through change
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of SAP in any form or similar ERP systems.
- Commercial acumen and be capable of thinking in big picture terms not just the detail
- Experience in implementing and monitoring of controls
- Experience of working in large multi site organisations
If you're interested in knowing more about this great opportunity to grow and develop a team please contact James Owen @ Investigo by replying with your latest CV to this post.