My client a leading Insurer is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to provide Disaster Recovery technical ownership, expertise and ensure DR procedural documentation is maintained across their Infrastructure and associated in-scope applications.
This role is for an inital 3 month contract outside of IR35 offering flexible working with 75% being remote 25% office based.
The Infrastructure Engineer will have 5+ years supporting a multisite geographically dispersed IT environment and have experience of building servers, provisioning storage, and setting up VMs for ASR replication
Also experience with Veeam Replication or Azure Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions and using Azure monitoring to perform root cause analysis of servers (e.g., Insights, Metrics, Logs). Further experience in Troubleshooting Azure/Infra technical issues and working in an IT support / operations role. Ideally have experience configuring TCP/IP networking, working within of ITIL Framework and industry best practices, and working with SLA's and KPI's
Skills and knowledge needed.
- Advanced knowledge of Azure Site Recovery (e.g., setting up and configuring Recovery Plans and dependencies, Replication Policies, Network Mapping
- Knowledge of setting up and configuring Azure Load Balancers
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server Failover Clustering (AlwaysOn, Mirroring, Clustering)
- Knowledge of Azure Storage performance Tiers
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques and performing server root cause analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Azure NSG configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery methodologies and automation concepts
- Knowledge of scripting using PowerShell, Azure CLI and Bash
- Strong knowledge of Private and Public Cloud using MS Azure
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows Server Operating Systems (2019 and earlier)
- Knowledge of Networking and Routing Protocols
- Solid technical background in a similar environment including infrastructure hardware and software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory/Azure AD, DNS, Group Policies, Exchange / Teams and Office 365
- System Monitoring Solutions such as Solar Winds and Azure Monitoring
- Knowledge of using Visio to design application integration inter-dependencies
- Knowledge of ServiceNow ticketing system
- Document IT recovery capabilities for both Azure and IBM Co-lo services against required RPOs and RTOs
- Assist in building application recovery documents including end to end data flows
- Take ownership of full DR lifecycle of in scope applications, e.g., ASR Recovery Plans, Test and Planned DR failovers and troubleshooting
- Carry out technical invocation of DR plans of production systems out of hours / weekends
- Assist in Identifying gaps in existing DR capabilities including plans, processes and other related documentation and develop plans to remediate
- Assist in capturing / creating architecture design documentation
- Assist in capturing and documentation of associated third party vendor contracts and SLA's that underpin ITSC/DR plans
- Assist in creation of DR scenarios
- Participate in tabletop walk through exercise and assist in documenting findings and any remediation
- Capture and review existing backup processes and procedures for all sites
- Capture and review existing DR processes and procedures for all sites
- Assist with aligning DR capabilities with audit controls for DR and backups
- Assist in development of the global IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery (ITSC/DR) framework, including governance, policies, processes, procedures, standards, and strategies.
- Assist with aligning DR plan with Business Continuity and Cyber Incident Response Plans
- Interact professionally and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors, and contract consultants
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
- Due to the geographically dispersed nature of the company and IT teams, role will require a degree of flexibility as project will aim to undertake a minimum of one business critical application per month over a weekend