Investigo's major client are seeking an experienced IT Portfolio Lead to maange a number of medium to large IT programmes. The successful candidate will have a strong backgroud in leading mutliple IT progreammes, inlcuding re-platforming existing applications.
- Responsible for the mobilisation, ongoing management and successful completion of a large portfolio of projects. The portfolio can be a combination of small, medium and large projects and could include delivery of the IT commitment to a large business transformation programme.
- Responsible for the assignment management, matrix management or supplier management for all parties contributing to the delivery of the portfolio. Responsible for timely resourcing and procurement to support identified portfolio demand.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of all projects within the portfolio.
- Ensures that effective project control, change control, risk management and quality processes are maintained across the portfolio.
- Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs for each project within the portfolio.
- Maintains reporting oversight over the portfolio, ensuring accuracy of reports for individual projects and managing the expectations of all stakeholders.
- Provides an IT escalation route for all parties contributing to the delivery of the portfolio.
- Effects recovery interventions on individual projects where required, managing all stakeholders until the intervention has concluded.
- Represents IT at key stakeholder delivery meetings. Supports business facing IT colleagues with any business escalations.
- Contributes to the development of the Project Management practice through evolution of and continual improvement of delivery best practice. Champions and supports the adoption of new and best practices within their portfolio.
- Works with IT Portfolio Management, other Lead Project Managers and IT 'Heads of' to ensure timely assignment of resources to meet portfolio resource demand requirements.
- Maintains oversight of IT procurement and supplier management activities for the portfolio, working with procurement and vendor management to ensure the timely sourcing of third-party support and the ongoing quality of supplier delivery.
- 10 years + portfolio management experience
- Experience running multiple IT programmes
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience around SAAS platforms
- Stakeholder management experience
- Third party management experience