I am currently on the lookout for a dedicated PMO Professional to help drive PMO best practice, governance and improved ways of working across International Project Portfolio for a leading Retail organisation.
You will be supporting the wider PMO function leading a small team across a portfolio of projects within their new function. The position involves playing an active role supporting project managers and in addition manage/leading a small team who will partner with, and support the projects team in managing PMO deliverables across a portfolio of projects.
The role will suit a proactive, motivated and results-driven individual that is looking for exposure and career development in a project management environment
- Leadership of a small team of Project support professionals
- Create, maintain and report on all integrated project programmes across complex large scale internal projects.
- Drive PMO best practice and governance
- Tracking and reporting the progress of the programme and Storybook against actual project delivery
- Budget administration and analysis across several multi-million pound projects whilst also, working with project streams to identify and create project budgets
- Identify programme risks and assess the potential impact to the critical path.
- Be the central point of contact for all streams and stakeholders for the project programme and ensure the integrated programme remains the most up to date view of the project.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have the following experience;
- Experience within a fast-paced, highly pressurised office environment
- Excellent numeric and computer skills (including MS Excel, MS Applications)
- PMO/Projects background
- Experience of programme and portfolio level reporting
- Project planning experience
- Previous experience leading or managing a team
- Experience of using MS-Project or other project programme software
- Problem solving nature
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire and passion to collaborate with others towards a shared goal