Project Management Officer
Initial 4-month contract - £200-£215 per day (Outside IR35) - Remote (occasional travel to Central London office)
Our London Non-profit client have an immediate requirement for a Project Management Officer to join on an initial 4 month basis. This role is remote and outside of IR35.
The Project Management Officer (PMO) will oversee the development and management of multiple projects, while being responsible for the project management cycle coordinating the delivery of outputs to time and to budget. This role will be key in liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key experience required for the Project Management Officer
- Education to BA/BSc degree level
- Knowledge of the project management cycle
- Good understanding of financial management/budgeting as part of the project cycle
- Experience managing projects of low to medium size and complexity throughout the full project cycle
- Experience of working in a complex/challenging business environment and an understanding/awareness on how projects contribute to the organisation's financial and strategic objectives.
- Experience in donor compliance and administrative procedures and donor relationship management, including reporting both financial and narrative reporting.
- Experience in coordinating project teams
- Experience dealing with multiple suppliers and contractors
- Experience of costing and budgeting according to different models and templates
- Experience of budget monitoring including experience of creating accurate and timely financial reports.
- Experience of participating in the development of proposals
- Advanced IT skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and databases
- Ability to write well and to prepare reports
- Multitasking skills in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to innovate in order to overcome problems
- Strong planning, organisation and execution skills
- Ability to work to own initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Effective communication skills
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline
- Project Management qualification
- Experience in contract negotiations