Quality Assurance Engineer - Reigate
The QA Engineer role will be as an integral member of a global Agile Product Development team to design, build, test and deliver technology products. This role works with the client's proprietary and/or industry-leading systems and applications and ensures that these are designed and built according to agreed-upon technical specifications and quality standards.
- Works with the team in assessing opportunities to strengthen definition of done and get us closer to delivering working software at the end of every sprint.
- Self-organises and applies cross-functional competencies to create high-value products.
- Works with other team members to adopt Agile Scrum with the goal of improving software development practices and creating high standards of work.
- Advocates improving quality during all stages of software development.
- Creates high quality acceptance tests from acceptance criteria and quality standards that help the scrum team understand the value of the user story from the user's perspective.
- Supports team members, both locally and globally.
- Actively practices emotional intelligence (empathy, self-awareness, self-motivation, self- management) on project teams and throughout the enterprise.
- Experience in Automation Testing is required.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum framework is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC process.
- Creates test scenarios from functional requirements and/or User Stories using the Gherkin format
- Contribute to testing strategy for product that lead to high quality releases
- Intermediate skills in writing T-SQL
- Intermediate knowledge of using SQL Management Studio
- Advanced knowledge of tools and techniques used in manual testing
- Manages time effectively by placing the right focus on value added operations
- Deeply understands practices of agile software development
- Create and drive creation of Regression testing strategy for product