Start-up organization developing therapies to improve global health by studying the genes of people who are outliers for medically relevant traits.
Scientist - Population Genetics
Full-time, direct hire
This individual will expand the scope and scale of the organization's partnerships around the world. This person will work closely with biological anthropologists to identify populations with histories that drive unique genetic architectures and phenotypes.
The Scientist, Population Genetics will identify and set up collaborations around the world on human subject studies.
The candidate will advise on, design, and lead projects covering South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania. Current projects over areas of positive adaptation to various environmental conditions and their health implications, as well as disease research - kidney disease, autoimmune disorders, and neurodegenerative disorders.
- PhD in genetics, evolutionary biology, or statistics, having done research on population genetics, statistical genetics, or a related field with a relevant dissertation.
- Strong hands-on population genetics experience, including analyzing genomic datasets from humans or other species, inferring patterns of population structure and demographic history, estimating patterns of relatedness and/or detecting loci under selection.
- Strong conceptual background in the principles of population and statistical genetics.
- Experience designing and managing human subject studies outside of North America and Europe.
- Computational proficiency, including fluency in bash, R, and Python and/or other scripting languages (preferred).
- Sense of humor.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of an early-stage start-up, entering a rapid growth phase. If you're interested in learning more, please apply now to be contacted with further details.