Investigo are currently partnered with a global reaching logistics business who are looking to hire a Senior Accountant to support their London based Finance Manager.
The Accountant will maintain the general ledger to ensure accurate and timely information for monthly and yearly reporting. The position will monitor and record all necessary accounting entries to properly reflect assets and liabilities, as well as proper classifications of revenues and expenses.
- Oversee the general ledger activity for assigned accounts across various legal entities.
- Prepare and post required journals, including payroll journals and ensure all relevant accruals, amortizations and prepayments are posted on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and prepare monthly schedules for assigned accounts in accordance with monthly close timetable.
- Monitor bank activity and coordinate with treasury funding requirements.
- Accounts payable sub ledger and general ledger reconciliation.
- Lead intercompany transactions/balance reconciliation. Ensure that all intercompany transactions are recorded and liaise with other entity owners to verify both receivable and payable are properly recorded
- Identify G&A costs allocation drivers for monthly intercompany management fee recharge
- Assist in internal audit queries and statutory audit requirements, providing schedules, support and other requested information.
- Prepare information and complete surveys and returns to government agencies.
- Ensure that all internal control processes are complied with. Provide recommendations to processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies.
- Other duties and projects as required.