My client based in Stevenage are looking for a Senior Credit Controller to join their finance team.
They are looking for an experienced, ambitious individual looking to progress their career.
Hybrid role, 3 days in the office and 2 at home.
- To adopt the organisation's credit control policy, which sets out the company's values and guidelines for chasing payment from its clients.
- To collect outstanding debt using email/virtual or telephonic calls/letters/ statement
- To maintain the sales ledger and communicate with relevant parties, both internal and external, to ensure accuracy of systems data.
- Build strong working relationships with clients, the company's fee earners and other Finance team members to assist with the collection of outstanding debts.
- Assist in approving invoices for production and distribution to our clients.
- The creation of credit notes where necessary, for all services and in a timely manner.
- Resolution of all queries in relation to invoices to ensure as far as possible there is no debt aged greater than 3 months.
- To reconcile accounts and resolve all queries in respect of sales ledger transactions.
- Assist in the production and analysis of key trends in debtor performance.
- Significant experience of working in a similar role.
- Have a professional and can-do attitude, be self-motivated, flexible and be able to prioritise and multi-task.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of accounting packages and Microsoft Office applications are essential.
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability to adapt to bespoke systems easily.
- Good level of competence on Excel
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team working skills and experience in assisting team members and delivering work to agreed timescales.
The salary on offer is up to £27,500 plus a quarterly bonus of up to £1700