looking for a role that combines both your technical skills and the opportunity to get involved in M&A activity? if so this is the role for you.
Our client is Global Technology company in the UK and has consistently enjoyed revenue and EBITDA growth. The business operates in the UK, Netherlands, Spain and Germany and looks to further expand its European presence.
Due to a strong organic growth going forward and being debt free, the is an ideal time to join a business on the upwards curve. Our client is looking to expand the team and has created a new position as Senior Financial Accountant.
Supporting the Direct Finance Director (direct reporting line) and the wider business with the following key activities -
Governance and Control
- Document the governance and control environment for the division
- Identify areas of control and governance weakness, help implement improvements and update documentation as required
- Facilitate the adoption of Group level controls at a Business Unit level
- Ensure compliance with future governance and control requirements in line with business growth
- Assisting with the integration of an acquired subsidiary into the Direct business
- Maintaining month end for the acquired subsidiary until integrated and passed over to the Direct Management Accounts team
- Alignment of process, reporting Governance and controls with the Group company
- Help plan and action legal entity rationalisation with external advisers
- Dealing with the integration of future acquisitions into the Direct Business and becoming the subject matter expert for the Business Unit.
- Liaising with auditors during half year, interim and year end audits
- Liaising with external advisers on the completion of Annual Corporation tax returns
- Completion of annual statutory accounts for the Direct Legal entities
- Completion of QTR VAT returns
- Assistance in the annual R&D returns
- Completion of ONS returns
- Audit background with strong technical knowledge
- Knowledge of month end processes
- Strong excel skills
- Good time management and task prioritisation skills to ensure deadlines are met and to standard
- A good communicator with different levels in an organisation and to both finance and non-finance people
- Self-driven with an ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Ability to be hands on with day-to-day accounting as required
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA)
- Experience of UKGAAP and IFRS