As the business is a fast growing company you must be comfortable operating in an environment where 'change' is the norm. You'll be working alongside finance professionals who are driven and have tenacity to identify where change is needed, implement change and be willing to get involved in projects. There is a need to design and build new processes to improve reporting and/or controls as well as automate and streamline existing processes.
The role requires strong knowledge of IFRS standards and what a good control environment looks like.
- Monthly review of analysis of the income statement and balance sheet for the Group
- Subject matter expert for owned processes
- Overseeing month end processes and keeping it on track
- Assisting in the Annual statutory reporting for the consolidated Group
- Consolidate monthly, interim, and annual group reporting, including any follow up analysis or queries
- Ability to work with the wider business with expert stakeholder management and provide expert advice
- Production of technical papers for the Group and quarterly audit committee
- Ownership of key controls and associated control documentation.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement by being the driving force of process automation.
What experience do you need to have?
- Proven experience of preparing IFRS financial statements
- Strong understanding of relevant accounting standards and legislation
- Good interpersonal skills as the role will deal with a number of different stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of standard accounting systems
- Strong Excel knowledge and proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint
- Highly credible with the ability to effectively influence at a senior level
- Ability to challenge current practices and identify more efficient solutions
- Inquisitive, investigative and comfortable with ambiguity i.e. solving problems with incomplete information, and challenging the norm.