Start-up biotech company focused on the discovery and development of therapeutics for the treatment of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and kidney disease disorders.
Greater Cambridge, MA area
Staff Scientist, Neurobiology - full-time, permanent
The Staff Scientist, Neurobiology will be on the R&D team and be responsible for the following:
- Perform stereotaxic surgical procedures, animal perfusion, tissue/sample harvesting and mice breeding
- Knowledge/expertise in neurobiology, brain tissue dissection and processing, microscopy, immunohistochemistry (IHC), computer-related quantification for IHC and ELISA
- The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple projects at any given time and work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment.
- PhD in a relevant, scientific area
- Strong background in neuroscience and neurodegenerative disease
- Proficient in rodent brain anatomy and stereotaxis microinjection
- Skilled in histology and immunohistochemistry
- Prior experience with AAV is preferred
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contacted with further details.