Do you have market access experience? My client is growing rapidly and are searching far and wide for a VP, Account Director with Medical Communications Agency experience. My client is looking for a team builder. They have a really strong team and need someone who has mentored and managed others before who can come in and help nurture others to perform at their best. If you have brand launch experience, with specific payer/reimbursement experience, this will position you well to sit with their clients and guide them strategically through their daily challenges on their brands.
If you are natural problem-solver, and strong at setting clear team priorities; adjusting for roadblocks, while keeping everyone focused on the goals ahead, then this is the job for you!
Their VP, Account Director will effectively lead an agency team, manage mid-level clients, and may travel extensively, without supervision, Major responsibilities include:
- Agency team communication and management
- Strategic and tactical consultation with client; you will be the brand champion
- Facilitating, presenting, and selling high-quality deliverables
- Supporting financial reporting and reconciliation
- Management and development of direct reports
- Cross-selling and new business development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a senior leader of people, you will be expected to deliver excellent business results through the efforts of your teams. You will demonstrate the following when achieving your results:
- Understands brand barriers, strategic vision, and implementation in collaboration with account leadership (SVP, VP and creative team leads); challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand
- Supports scope development and execution
- Manages $3-5 million in revenue including reporting and productivity compliance; prepares regular forecasts and budget reconciliations
- Assists creative lead and planner in executing creative and all promotional initiatives; ensures delivery of high-quality product (i.e., excellent creative, on target strategically, and on time and budget)
- Facilitates communication among internal agency departments and with all client contacts in order to resolve conflict, celebrate success, and achieve strong team and client relationships; properly interprets client feedback and provides direction to internal team
- Sets clear team priorities; communicates brand objectives and strategies; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Ensures agency processes and documentation completion; keeps Sr. management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities
- Challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand positioning; helps identify brand barriers, positioning, and strategies
- Provides training support to new client managers who are acclimating to advertising and branding principles, and the implementation processes
- Provides management direction and developmental support to direct reports in preparation for future positions; provides challenging and stretching assignments; empower others by providing opportunities for task management; shares ownership and visibility
- Facilitates agency performance evaluation, development plans, and MBO plans; holds frequent development discussions and addresses areas requiring improvement
- Attends all appropriate client meetings, market research, conventions; documents key learnings
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, healthcare, pharmacy, or related subject is preferred
- Experience and/or Training
- 10+ years of experience
- Pharmaceutical agency experience is required.
- Market access experience is required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the therapeutic areas, science, markets, and products for all assigned accounts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and has ability to manage expectations effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook