INVESTIGO LIMITED ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will ensure that the data you supply to us will be processed with skill and care and in accordance with applicable legislation and codes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is INVESTIGO LIMITED of New Broad Street House, 35 New Broad Street, London, EC2M 1NH
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by registering on our web site to access the complete interactive features of, or by filling in forms on the INVESTIGO site (our site). This includes information you may be asked to provide when subscribing to our service, registering as a candidate, posting material or requesting further services. We also receive information when you interact with our site, such as by adding contacts, updating your profile, uploading your CV or joining groups. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and if you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of job applications you may have made through our site; remuneration and other benefits details and interview information, including the outcome.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• We may need to collect Sensitive Personal Data, such as your racial background, or your state of health to ensure compliance with certain legislation and to be able to carry out equality and diversity monitoring.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and as a consequence of the communications standards on the internet. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to enable us continually to improve the on-line experience.
• To provide you with information, job opportunities, information about recommended jobs, other products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, and in continuing to use our site you give consent to be contacted for such purposes.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, such as sending messages to your contacts or joining and communicating within groups, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about recommended groups, blogs or content.
• To notify you about any changes to our service or these terms.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email or phone.
If you are an existing registered user, we will only contact you with information about services or promotional material similar to those for which you have already subscribed
If you are a new registered user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this. In continuing to remain registered on our site you are giving consent to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing or employment purposes, please let us know directly at email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are required by law to hold your personal data and your sensitive personal data for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory duties. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure your data is maintained and up to date. You must inform us of any changes to your data to enable us to ensure that it is up to date.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If INVESTIGO or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If required by law, by any governmental or regulatory body (including, without limitation, HMRC or other tax authority) or by a Court or other authority of competent jurisdiction.
• In the course of matching you with recommended job opportunities or third party associated service providers.
You have the right to review and make any desired changes to the personal data you provide to us. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.