My client is a leading independent healthcare communications group with employees around the globe. Their clients are top global pharmaceutical companies, scientific societies, and non-governmental organizations. The recent successes of the business have led to continued expansion both in the range of services they offer and their global presence. They have reached the point where they are now looking to add a talented and enthusiastic Account Director.
The role of Account Director is responsible for developing, managing, and directing all aspects of various market access projects and clients. Must have a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace, the ability to define the short and long-term strategies in order to meet market access objectives and have the ability to build the need for development of proposed solutions/projects. Responsibilities include: timely and organized planning, project management and budget oversight, coordination, communication for all account services team members through all phases of projects to ensure customer satisfaction personally or through subordinates in a timely manner and within department/company standard operating procedures.
- Contacts and meets with client to maintain/grow current relationships. Proposes ideas and new business projects to clients
- Plans, organizes and participates in client pitch presentations
- Works with internal teams to develop contracts, project estimates, budget proposals, and strategic initiatives for submission to client
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with faculty and client contacts (Marketing, Sales, Legal, Medical and Compliance)
- Oversees and directs project(s) through external vendors and internal departments as necessary, i.e., IT, Editorial, Graphics, Compliance, and Art
- Ensures that progressive stages of projects are executed to meet deadlines, budget, and client expectations
- Acquires thorough knowledge of client's business (disease state, product, competitors, etc.) so that challenges and opportunities may be anticipated and continuously monitors the marketplace and provides updates to the client and internal team
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, health economics, advertising or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of market access experience required
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a fast-paced agency environment
- Demonstrated experience and success in leadership of cross-functional agency teams
- High motivation, good work ethic, maturity and personal initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills