I am seeking a seasoned publications client services professional for the role of an Account Director (AD) at a global medical communications agency, based on the East Coast with remote working. You will be responsible for leading a high performing team of account individuals, focusing within Oncology and Rare Disease. You must be capable of offering strategic support to clients, win new business and be comfortable in publication planning.
- The AD will assume a leadership role for your assigned account(s), and work in close partnership with the leadership team, as well as your account management team colleagues.
- Responsible for delivery of existing business, as well as contributing to the growth and development of the business and the internal team for long-term success.
- Effective independent management of all client relationships on assigned accounts (adapting to client style, SOPs and needs as required).
- Responsible for managing individual accounts/projects, working closely with medical leads to develop, modify and implement a range of deliverables (including demonstrable ability to provide strategic planning support).
- Ensure proper resourcing for work plans being managed.
- Accountable and responsible for all budgeting, invoicing, and forecast management for assigned accounts.
- Strategize solutions to implement work plans that meet revenue targets.
- Accurate development of all materials prior to client distribution (including agendas/meeting minutes).
Skills and experience required:
- BA Degree minimum
- 8-10+ years of experience of working in a client-facing, relationship/account management role in a medical communications/publications agency environment, including considerable experience as an account lead.
- Experience driving teams and leading large accounts in medcomms (publications account management is a plus)
- Experience growing accounts successfully.
- Experience mentoring and/or line managing others with ability to motivate teams to deliver.
- Strong computer skills that include Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
My client offer excellent dental, vision and medical benefits, 401k match , unlimited PTO and other fantastic incentives! There is also great bonus potential on top of the base salary