Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Assistant
up to £26k
West London 3 days a week
We are looking for fun and energetic Accounts Payable Assistant to join a busy Finance department in a Luxury Jewellery Brand in London with impressive growth. The role is to manage the accounts payable and receivable functions and would suit someone who is looking for their next role in finance, who has strong desire to learn, improve processes and grow with the company.
* Timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices to correct nominal accounts.
* Setting up payments for supplier invoices and matching/closing open invoices.
* Ensuring all invoices are approved according to company procedures and uploaded to the system.
* Chasing Wholesale receivables and matching/closing cash receipts.
* Managing the GRNI report (Goods Received Not Invoiced) and working with the merchandising team to adjust price queries between PO and Stock Invoices.
* Monthly Debtors and Creditors list analysis - reviewing and explaining outstanding and aging balances.
* Ensuring all credit card expenditure is posted to the system and account reconciled.
* Reconciling the company expense system to accounting system and ensuring all receipts have been processed and approved.
* Building relationship with suppliers and internal departments.
* Helping with other financial tasks such as bank account reconciliations, E-Commerce proceeds reconciliations, and Wholesale reconciliations.
* Support the annual audit process.
* Follow financial policies, procedures and controls that conform to generally accepted accounting principles and meet regulatory requirements.
* 1-2 years experience within an Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Assistant role
* Degree or equivalent qualification in Finance is preferable but not a must
* Willingness to learn with a "can-do" attitude
* Understanding of debits and credits
* Experience within Accountancy and Finance
* Accurate, logical, and concise approach to their work
* The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change
* Proficient user of Excel (vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, etc)
* Excellent organisation, writing & communication skills
* Manages own time and prioritises workload effectively
* The spirit to work well in a team and thrive under pressure