Investigo is working with a large logistics and brokerage organisation based in London to recruit an accounts assistant to join their growing team. As Accounts Assistant, you will work in the Finance function and contribute as part of a crucial team to the core accounting and financial operations for a key portion of the business.
- Assist in the preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts for a number of businesses.
- Prepare, understand, and post journals (i.e. prepayments, accruals, intercompany recharges, and month end journal).
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns, National Statistics Surveys, and the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Investigate and analyse material revenue and cost variances.
- Perform various Intercompany Reconciliations, resolving any differences.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end financial statements.
- Assist the preparation and submission of regulatory reports.
- Monitor and develop internal controls and systems.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting to support Group and Divisional finance teams.
- Liaise with external auditors and assist with the preparation of schedules as required.
- Identify and support continuous changes and improvements within the business.
- Contribute to key projects and new initiatives.
- Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting principles (i.e. double entry book-keeping/ prepayments/ accruals would be an advantage but not essential).
- Knowledge of SUN Systems, Workday Financials or equivalent financial reporting software would be an advantage.
- A high degree of numeracy is essential.
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-confident with good communication skills (both written and verbal) and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation.
- Commercially aware with interest in the wider economy and world affairs.
- Desire to learn, develop and contribute to the wider team goals.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.