Accounts Payable Assistant
up to £27k
Fantastic culture & Benefits
Do you have a passion for Luxury Fashion? Do you have 2 years experience within a finance team in the Retail industry? Do you want to join one of the fastest growing Premium Fashion Brands in London?
I am looking to speak to experienced Accounts Payable professionals who are looking for a new and exciting challenge. My client is a rapidly expanding premium fashion business who are growing their finance team to meet future growth targets. They are looking for an ambitious energetic Accounts Payable Assistant from a Retail or FMCG background, to support them in building a best-in-class finance function.
What you'll do:
- Manage AP processes including:
- Manage the Accounts Payable process, ensuring all invoices, credit notes and receipts are processed and fully allocated on a timely basis.
- Responsible for reviewing the Aged Creditors, ensuring that ageing is fully reconciled, payment terms are regularly checked, and erroneous balances are resolved.
- Manage the Accounts Inbox ensuring all queries are resolved and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Manage Payment runs ensuring the credit position is optimised whilst ensuring that suppliers are paid on time.
- Complete regular supplier statement reconciliations
- Support the Senior Management Accountant in developing controls, processes & reporting
- Drive cost control best practices and ethos to the wider business
- Seek systems and process automation efficiencies that provide cost effective solutions, optimising the use of our Netsuite system
- Plan, prioritise and deliver work in a way that meets or exceeds business requirements
Who you are:
- You have substantial experience working in an AP function preferably in a retail or FMCG / B2B company
- You'll be recognised as a "Team Player"
- You have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- You are flexible & proactive, able to drive improvements through to completion
- You have a positive 'can-do' attitude, and a continuous improvement mindset
- You are able to work under pressure and are deadline driven
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven ability to build and manage relationships
- You'll have a passion for retail / fashion, and a desire to work in a fast moving growth environment.
We'll give you some bonus points for:
- Experience with Netsuite