Investigo are partnered with a large Retail company to recruit an Accounts Payable Team Leader to join their vibrant finance team in St Albans.
This role will report into the AP Manager.
The Accounts Payable Team Leader will assist with the day to day management of Accounts Payable team, ensuring workloads are prioritised accordingly withing dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for maintaining the supplier ledgers for UK entities
- Documenting and implementing new AP processes with a view to improve internal control framework
- Responsibility for employee expenses, ensuring compliance with company policy
- Driving the performance of a small AP team, including goal setting, performance measurement, appraisals and training
- Defining and improving the systems and controls
- Maintaining a good relationship with vendors and ensuring an exceptionally high level of service
- Complete supplier statements and reconciliations as required
Experience & Skills
- Previous experience/desire leading an AP function and managerial experience
- Strong reconciliation and problem-solving skills are required
- Strong Excel skills specifically pivot tables, lookups and IF/SUMIF formulas
- Experience in using accounting systems and software
- Keen attention to detail and methodical approach to work; takes pride in work