Investigo are currently working exclusively with a company in Beaconsfield to recruit a new Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their fast-growing business. The role reports into the Accounts Receivable Manager and will give you a great understanding of finance processes to progress your finance career.
Purpose of the role/Job summary
The AR team is responsible for creation and collection of residents fees/invoices. This includes the maintenance of accurate resident records, ensuring increases and deductions are processed in line with resident contracts. The team is also expected to handle any resident and family queries with regarding billed amounts and engage in the collection of unpaid fees.
- Be responsible for a portfolio of homes within the group and efficiently manage the production and distribution of the monthly billing run for all Room Fees, Care Fees and sundry income.
- Complete the new resident set up within the system, review all new residents agreements and ensure billing lines, dates, values & offsets to third parties are all aligned, identify differences, work closely with community personnel to address queries.
- Continually update and maintain all resident and 3rd party/offset billing lines following instructions from the homes following changes in room, care bands and funding etc.
- Working alongside the home, liaise with external authorities regarding 3rd party funding such as FNC, CHC and annuities. Ensure set up of 3rd party customers and billing is accurate and timely
- Resolve resident/ family billing queries
- Receive, review and setup up direct debit mandates with the bank for new residents and support the production of the monthly Direct Debit collections process
- Appropriately and sensitively, chase for payment via phone, email and letter to residents and/or their family members.
- Chase local authorities and solicitors for payment regarding specific funding relating to resident costs
- Attend and contribute to the monthly Aged Debt review meeting with the AR Manager.
- Daily posting of all bank transactions relating to resident income.
- Agree and arrange refunds for credit balances regarding move outs.
- Support internal and external audit
What's on offer
A progressive position within a fast-growing organisation. The ability to learn and develop in a finance career, with perks such as a competitive salary, bonus, study support, a hybrid working model and much more.
The Successful Candidate
The company are looking for a forward thinking, progressive accounts receivable candidate with 6-12 months of experience and a finance background. A good knowledge of Excel and finance systems is essential, with a good attention to detail and level of self-motivation.