Accounts Receivable Coordinator
up to £26k
Hybrid Working / SW London
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join a rapidly expanding, International Luxury Retail Group which houses some very attractive and brands! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone driven, self-motivated and hard working to be a part of a collaborative and fun team!
Responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that sales are accounted for accurately and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that cash is received from concessions and wholesales partners and standalone stores according to payment terms.
- To ensure that sales and cash received are fully reconciled with statements from third parties.
- To assist with preparing the information required to meet local statutory obligations.
- Provide daily sales information to the business
- Post sales from stock system into the Sun accounting ledger
- Reconcile monthly sales between Sun and stock system, liaising with IT Dept to investigate and resolve any differences within short timescales.
- Post and reconcile other entries associated with sales transactions, e.g. commission and other concession costs.
- Update sales templates to reflect any changes made to contracts with Concession Partners.
- Accommodate any process changes in relation to posting and reconciling sales for the above entities.
- Work with IT to improve the process of finding and correcting sales misposted in the stock system, implement improved procedures where possible.
To ensure that cash is received from partners and standalone stores according to payment terms
- Produce monthly concession invoices and send to concession partners/upload to websites, liaising with overseas advisors where necessary.
- Produce and post wholesale invoices as and when required for the international entities, liaising with stock and wholesale department to ensure cash is collected within agreed terms.
- Chase partners where necessary to ensure payments are received to terms. Flag up any problematic partners with the Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Monitor timing of receipts against contractual payment terms agreed with Partners, ensuring that cash is collected within agreed timescales and any issues are investigated and resolved in a timely fashion.
To ensure that sales and cash received are fully reconciled with statements from third parties.
- Reconcile expected debtor balances to concessions' remittances monthly. Liaise with concession partners to resolve any differences.
- Reconcile expected debtor balances to wholesale partner's remittances monthly. Liaise with partners to resolve any differences.
- Allocate debtor balances within Sun system
- Ensure that Aged Debtor report is up to date on a weekly basis with respect to the above entities and any unallocated balances/overdue cash is supported with detailed explanation and backup.
- Reconcile commission rates to concessions' contracts, inform Commercial Team & Retail Operations of any differences to concessions' contract or to budget/forecast.
To assist with preparing the information required to meet local statutory/compliance obligations.
- Provide relevant audit schedules and be the main point of contact during the annual audit in relation to sales and debtor reconciliations.
- Work closely with the Management Accountants to provide historic back-up for preparation of various Financial Statements in relation to sales postings and debtor balances
- Produce Turnover Certificates where necessary, as requested by landlords or Concession Partners
- Ability to work well with other members of the Finance Team, including Senior Management
- Self-starter, able to multitask and use own initiative to take full ownership of the role
- Numeracy skills and analytical mindset
- Intermediate excel skills e.g. Pivot Tables, SUMIF formulas, IFERROR formulas
- Experience of working with accounts systems/posting journals
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately within specified deadlines
- Actively pursuing or willing to pursue accounting qualification
- Good time management and communication skills
- A team player with the desire to help others during peak periods and a flexible attitude to work demands depending on business needs
- A positive 'can do' attitude