Investigo are partnered with a fast growth Retail business in London Colney to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant on their behalf.
£30,000 - £35,000
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring of the head office email accounts. Correspondence with suppliers as necessary
- Ensuring that all invoices received have appropriate approvals before they are recognised in the accounting system.
- Ensure that all purchase invoices are correctly recorded in the accounting system both in terms of nature and timing.
- Weekly BACS payment runs to confirm that all approved invoices are paid before they are due
- Dealing with payroll changes - new joiners, salary increases etc
- Weekly cash reporting
- Communicating relevant payroll information to our payroll providers, reviewing outputs, and recording payroll for the head office entities in the accounting system
- Completion of journal postings,) and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- AAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA ideal
- Experience working within the finance function of a large, complex, global organisation
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail focused.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment
- Conscientious and strong team player ethic.
- Good written and verbal communication skills