Assistant Accountant - 18-month contract
Based in Letchworth
A leading business within their field are seeking an Assistant Accountant to cover a long period of maternity. Supporting the Group accounting team, you will be responsible for servicing several different operating units providing key financial and management information alongside month end duties.
This is a good role for someone who wants to work with a good employer, work with genuinely good people and have a nice work/lifestyle balance.
- Maintaining the financial ledgers e.g. producing journals for sale completions
- Raising supplier payments and sales invoices
- Producing VAT and CIS returns
- Assisting with production of monthly management accounts
- Undertaking various reconciliations
- Producing quarterly financial consolidations
- Supporting the annual external audit process
- Production of statutory accounts
- The role will also incorporate various central function routine tasks and accounting for other small group subsidiaries.