Investigo are currently partnered with a leading professional services firm who are looking to hire a financial accountant to sit in their highly successful London based finance team.
The ideal candidate will be used to business partnering with both internal and external stakeholders, ideally including outsourced service providers and consultants. Having a keen eye for detail and a desire to improve processes is critical to the success of the role.
The role is a mixture between indirect tax and Statutory Financial Statements receptibilities. For the indirect tax side, the candidate can expect to:
* Co-ordinate with Finance Managers to receive draft VAT returns from one of the big 4 on a timely basis ready for review, for all countries
* Co-ordinate the internal approval process and settlement of VAT liabilities
* Carry out EC Sales list transactional reviews to include or exclude invoices as appropriate for all countries in which C&W is registered
* Escalate transactional problems to the VAT team / Finance Managers as appropriate and processing the necessary accounting adjustments
* Work with the FSC in India to correct errors, run reports and provide essential information to one of the big 4.
* Completion of VAT reconciliations for all UK entities
* Run regular transactional reviews to minimise errors on the VAT returns
For the SFS side:
- Support the UK group audit process (Interim & Final), including co-ordination between one of the big 4, the FSC, the business and retained finance across the UK clusters
- Support the preparation and review of SFS in the UK - including the GOS UK entities
- Support CIT (Corporation Tax) computation process that is owned by the in-house Tax department
- Support the provision of intercompany balance confirmations under local overseas audit requirements
The ideal candidate will be;
- Part qualified accountant
- Ambitious and keen to develop
- Strong on Excel
- Experienced using Workday (preference not essential)