My client are a health company in Amersham looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Management Accounts, your main duties will be to support the Management Accounts team during their day-to-day and month end duties.
- Preparation and posting of month-end journals
- Production of efficient, timely and accurate internal management reporting
- Supporting the Management Accounts team with month end close, preparation of monthly site packs and variance analysis
- Supporting the Management Accounts team with budgeting and forecasting activities
- Posting and reconciliation of petty cash and sundry revenue
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Tracking of property invoices and reconciliation against occupancy schedules
- Providing management accounting support in closing of the year end accounts, and preparation of schedules for external statutory audit.
- Providing financial support in assisting to deliver the objectives of the organisation
- Participation in ad-hoc projects
- Assisting with internal and external audits.
- The ideal Assistant Management Accountant candidate is someone that has started their CIMA/ACCA studies, alongside relevant experience in a similar role.
- Has proven experience in providing support to organisations during busy periods, such as month-end, year-end and audit.
- Experienced in use of MS Excel (beginner to intermediate level).
- Not afraid to challenge existing processes, and able to work under own initiative, to effectively plan, manage and deliver a programme of work.